- It prevents your blood cells from sticking together. If they do stick together too much, it crowds the vessels and arteries and constricts them.
- It prevents arteries from being constricted.
- It improves blood vessel elasticity.
- Thus, it keeps the BP or blood pressure normal.
- Immune system boost.
- It increases energy levels, making you energetic, of course.
- Helps your body stand erect by preventing osteoporosis.
- Prevents fast ageing and promotes mental sharpness.
- So, that's lesser chances of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
- For good eyesight, because it protects from cataracts and macular damage.
- Lessens night blindness, if you have it.
- Protection from free radicals.
- New supply of Vitamins C and E during oxidation.
- For normal anti-inflammatory reaction.
- For protecting yourself against UV rays and air pollutants.
- Reduced allergies and histamine (good for asthma).
- For faster healing of soft tissue.
Well, as far as purple corn's anthocyanin is concerned, the plant, being exposed to harsh elements on the high mountains of Peru and along the coasts (imagine the increased UV rays from the sun at 10,000 feet above sea level, and other extreme weather conditions), the plant developed an immune defense to protect itself especially from free radicals and survive. Thus, its increased level of anthocyanin. Thus, it's deep purple or "blue" color.
Now, you won't have to eat and gnarl a lot of the grain daily. All you have to do is gulp purple corn juice. They come in bottles, with the same potency. And you can even earn lots of profits by sharing it with friends. More on this...